As much as I love cooking and just being in the kitchen, there are days I just want to whip up something super quick, fresh and of course tasty.
One of those quick-quick meals I have recently discovered and which my hubby absolutely loves is this Pesto Carbonara Spaghetti with cherry tomatoes.
Very tasty and takes about 20min to put together.
To be honest, I try to avoid wheat or gluten pastas altogether, but when I do make a wheat pasta dish, I will use the whole-wheat pasta version. It’s a lot healthy than the refined wheat pasta, contains more fibre and nutrients and did you know refined wheat pasta, that yellow/white pasta is chemically bleached. Eeew I know!
Did you also know that the thinner pastas like spaghetti are healthier than the thicker pastas like penne.
So back to this yummy dish.
Pesto Carbonara Spaghetti
- 4 gloves garlic
- 200g whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 Tbspn pesto
- 2 eggs
- 200g pack bacon
- fresh parsley
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- himalayan salt
- Cook pasta in water, add salt, garlic and oil.
- Once cooked. Set aside 1/2cup of pasta water and drain out the rest.
- In a large pan, high heat, fry bacon and garlic, till crisp.
- Add cherry tomatoes, turned down heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, pesto and 3/4cup Parmesan cheese.
- Add spaghetti to egg mixture, combine till pasta is well coated.
- Add to bacon, combining with pasta water, season to taste.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Serve immediately with parmesan cheese, black pepper and extra parsley.
The pesto is also homemade, so it’s full of organic goodness!
Next time I make another batch I will be sure to blog the recipe 🙂